Sunday, January 3, 2016

Panda Pals Chinese New Year Card


Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Let It Snow"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog.

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over 
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget 
about  the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! 
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice

$25 Gift Card (Regular Priced Items)

For my project, I made a Panda Pals Chinese New Year Card.



For my card I used the following Craftin Desert Diva products:

Panda Pals Stamp Set: http://craftindesertdivas.com/panda-pals/

Fancy Frames Dies: http://craftindesertdivas.com/fancy-frame-dies/

Stitched Scallop Dies: http://craftindesertdivas.com/stitched-scallop-dies/

Mermaid Lagoon Sequins: http://craftindesertdivas.com/mermaid-lagoon-sequins/

When I was deciding on a card to make to go with the Linky theme, I knew right away that I wanted to use the Panda Pals stamp set. Then the idea of making the pandas celebrate Chinese New Year got stuck in my head, so I just had to make a little Dragon to go with them to complete my scene.

To create my card first I cut the mats and frames using the Fancy Frames Dies in plain and patterned card stock. I then cut the snowy hills with the Fancy Frames Dies and then the Stitched Scallop Dies in glitter card stock. I did this so that the snowy hills would fit perfectly inside the inner frame.

Next I stamped the little panda images from the Panda Pals stamp set onto plain white card stock, and then hand drew the Chinese Dragon onto white card stock. I then colored all of the images with Copics and Prismacolor Premier Pencils. After I was happy with my coloring, I fussy cut all of the images and set them aside.

I then assembled all of the card base pieces, and then attached the dragon and panda images using foam tape for some added dimension. After that, I cut down some toothpicks and glued them onto the panda hands and onto the dragon. To finish I cut one of the banners from the Fancy Frames Dies and then combined two of the sentiments from the Panda Pals stamp set for my sentiment. I then added some of the Mermaid Lagoon Sequins to the dragon and sentiment for some extra sparkle.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  We hope that you will join in the fun for our CDD Linky Party with your own creations! -CDD Digi DT Mindy









1 comment: