Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Halloween Owl Card

Hello Everyone! Today I want to share with you a Halloween Owl Card that I made with an Amazing stamp set from Vilda Stamps!




To create my card I used Halloween 2014 (A6-Kit) V817 that you can find in the Vilda Stamps shop here:

vilda-owl-stamp-set

This set has so many fun images that can be combined to make some wonderful Halloween scenes. To make my card first I stamped the large tree onto 110 lb plain white card stock. Next I masked off the tree and then stamped the owl so that it looks like it is sitting on the branch. I then stamped some of the little spider webs, spiders, and bats to complete my scene.

After that I masked the tree and owl off so that I could use Distress inks to blend together for my background and not worry about accidentally coloring over the owl or tree. I first layered the brightest orange color called Ripe Persimmon at the top and then transitioned to my darkest purple color called Seedless Preserves at the bottom. I blended both colors together using a foam makeup applicator for a smooth blend. Once I was done with my background I then removed the masks and used Copic markers to color the owl and tree. I wanted to try something fun and different for the owl so I decided to color him in green tones to contrast the purple witch hat. I love how by just using a different color combination you can create a completely different mood for your card.  To finish my card I added flowers, rhinestones, and the little Halloween sentiment that comes with the stamp kit for some extra embellishment. Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope that my card inspires you to try out your own creations with these Fantastic stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment